The new $500 Tax credit for metal roofing installations creates a great opportunity for contractors to increase metal roofing sales in 2016. To help contractors to take advantage of this new program, the MRA recently launched several new members-only tools on our website. Here are some tips for how to use these tools and the tax credit to boost sales:
- Grab the free tax credit graphics MRA has developed for you. You’ll find them when you log in to your MRA contractor dashboard. Here’s a sample:
- Use the free graphics to create posts for your company Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media accounts.
- Update your company’s website to highlight the tax credit. You can use the same MRA graphic, or create your own. You can also provide links to the Manufacturer Information Sheets that your customers will need when filing their taxes.
- Download the free Tax Credit template press release from the MRA dashboard. Customize it with your business name and contact information. Then, send it to your local media outlets for some free publicity. You’ll want to send it to editors of the real estate or home sections of local newspapers and magazines. You can also submit the release to local news services such as Patch.com.
- Plan an email campaign to your customer prospect list to promote the tax credit. Based on the response to previous tax credit offers, we know that this is a compelling reason for homeowners to install a metal roof. Be sure to include the MRA logo in all of your communications efforts to show your commitment to only providing Investment Grade Roofing.
Need more details about the tax credit? Check out our earlier tax credit post here on the blog, or visit the Tax Credit section of the Metal Roofing Alliance website. You’ll find all the details you need!