Still think Facebook is where your kids share videos and like each other’s photos? Think again. Facebook is a major player in the marketing world, and the fastest growing audience is much older than you may think. Consider these stats:
These numbers show that Facebook is a great place to reach metal roofing’s target market of homeowners. That’s why you’ll find that the Metal Roofing Alliance has a Facebook Fan Page, as do many of our manufacturer members. You can find the MRA page here.
Facebook Marketing 101
Ready to get started marketing with Facebook? Here are a few tips:
- Create a Facebook Fan Page for your business. You’ll need a personal Facebook account if you don’t already have one. There is no cost for setting up the page. Facebook does offer advertising options and tools to promote your page (more on that later); however, the basic fan page is free.
- Add photos and other content to your page that will appeal to your local audience. Examples include: photos of recently completed projects, testimonials and homeowner tips.
- Like the MRA Facebook page, and share our consumer-friendly content on your page. Here’s an example of a recent post we created for Earth Day that you can easily share.
- Invite your customers to like your Facebook page. Include the link to your page on every email you send, on your business card and in your brochures. Every like your Facebook page receives is another person who you can communicate with on a regular basis.
- Post regular updates to your page – start with once or twice a week and build your frequency. Be careful not to go overboard – too many posts, and your page will become annoying to your followers.
As mentioned above, Facebook does offer advertising opportunities for your page. They can be quite affordable, and can be very targeted to your local market. We’ll cover that in an upcoming post on the Metal Roofing Industry blog, so be sure to check back here.
The Metal Roofing Alliance offers many marketing and sales tools for our contractor members. To learn more about joining the MRA, please contact our Contractor Liaison, Bill Hippard Jr. at email@example.com .